LAWRENCE — The University of Kansas has announced participants selected for the 2020-2021 Staff Fellows Program, which seeks to strengthen the university by developing leaders at all levels of the institution.
The Staff Fellows Program bolsters KU by providing university staff an opportunity to build their leadership skills, gain experience to advance their careers and work together on a strategic campus project that benefits the university. Each participant is matched with a mentor from KU’s senior leadership.
“Staff Fellows participate in skill and leadership development, and through the program they gain broader knowledge and a deeper understanding of the university,” said Mike Rounds, vice provost for operations.
The Office of the Provost and Human Resource Management jointly coordinate the Staff Fellows program, with a review committee selecting the participants. Twelve Staff Fellows were selected this year.
“The Staff Fellows program is one of the best investments we make in our staff and our institution,” said Barbara Bichelmeyer, provost and executive vice chancellor. “Staff Fellows gain institutional knowledge and forge connections that support their career growth at KU.”
The 2020-21 Staff Fellows project is researching and exploring performance feedback loops and will make recommendations for best practices in expectation setting, feedback tools and communication processes to assist KU supervisors, direct reports, faculty and staff in setting objectives and achieving their key results.
Visit the Human Resource Management website for more information about the Staff Fellows program and previous years’ projects.
The 2020-2021 Staff Fellows:
- Scott Cossel, KU Libraries
- Haines Eason, Provost Office
- Gregory Flax, Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center
- MacKenzie Hegedusich, Analytics & Institutional Research
- Michelle Lang, KU Alumni Association
- Pradip Maity, Higuchi Biosciences Center
- Cara Nossaman, Enterprise Project Management Office
- Aaron Quisenberry, Transportation Services
- Bryce Ridgway, University of Kansas Public Safety Office
- Keesa Shrader, KU Student Housing
- Samantha Thomas, Kansas Biological Survey
- Ramia Whitecotton, departments of Geology, Geography & Atmospheric Science, Environmental Studies.